Thompson Shuswap Food Connections was a project to strengthen the local food economy by identifying opportunities to diversify local farm production and to expand local markets.
The project objectives were:
- to connect producers with local agency buyers
- to examine food production models such as processing (HACCP) and marketing facilities
A project team has was established and led by TRUE Consulting.
Project documents are available for download including a project brochure, executive summaries, and the Phase 1 and Phase 2 reports.
Community Futures Thompson Country is the lead organization on this project. Other partners on this project include:
- Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation
- Southern Interior Beetle Action Coalition
- The Investment Agriculture Foundation of British Columbia
This project was funded in part by the Investment Agriculture Foundation of B.C. through programs it delivers on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the B.C. Ministry of Agriculture.